Linear Motor Stages
Can't find what you need?
Engineering isn’t a one-size-fits-all proposition. We can customize nearly everything we sell, from modifying housings and mechanical interfaces to fine-tuning performance parameters. Interested in custom assemblies?
Vertex linear-motor stages combine high performance with compact profiles for easy, effective integration into OEM designs. The use of ironless motors eliminates cogging, reducing velocity error and improving performance in sensitive applications like Z focusing. The motors incorporate a patented coil technology that enables them to achieve excellent force density… In addition, the bearing selection and precision preload combine to produce a high-bandwidth solution with repeatable mechanical characteristics for easy integration into high-volume OEM systems.
Like all Vertex products, our linear-motor stages are designed in house by our Engineered Solutions team, which tackles complex, demanding motion problems on a daily basis. Our engineers apply their decades of design experience to develop positioning solutions that address common motion challenges. They build the stages that they need for their own projects. In the process, they have created linear motor stages that can seamlessly transition from customized prototype to optimized production-ready solution.
- Configurable as vertical, horizontal, and multi-axis stages
- Extremely customizable to meet application-specific requirements
- Ironless motors for zero cogging
- Patented coil design to maximize force density
- Analog and digital encoders for resolutions as low as 1 nm
- High natural frequency and high bandwidth for fast, stable motion and low settling times
- Competitively priced, even in low volumes
- Built in-house by our skilled technicians, which speeds prototyping and customization and supports repeatable volume production.
nPL70 Linear-Motor Stage (MSL)
Designed for demanding OEM applications, this line of linear motor stages combines a high-precision solution with the freedom to optimize performance, packaging, and cost around a specific application. Each stage is built around an ironless linear motor for zero cogging. A unique coil design enables the motors to deliver very high force density. Anti-cage-creep cross-roller bearings with precision preloads maximize stiffness. The result is a linear motor stage that provides ultrasmooth motion with minimal linear off-axis and angular motion errors.
nPL70 stages are available in horizontal and vertical orientations, and in various multi-axis configurations. Users have a choice of stroke length, motor size, counterbalance functions, and encoder options. Because we manufacture the stages in-house, we can easily customize units for specific applications and volume production.
With a height of just 25 mm, these compact stages are effective for applications such as analytical instrumentation, diagnostic equipment, and semiconductor fabrication equipment.
- Configurable as horizontal, vertical, and multi-axis stages
- Travel up to 150 mm
- Accelerations to 3g
- Velocities of up to 5 m/s
- Mechanics that support nanometer-scale repeatability
- Pitch and yaw as good as 10 arc seconds, depending on mounting and installation
- Forces as high as 47.6 N
- Loads up to 10 kg
- Choice of magnetic (up to 22 N of force) or pneumatic counterbalances (up to 45 N of force)
- Competitively priced
Don’t see parameters that fit your requirements? Ask about customization. Let us optimize a solution around your application.
- Common applications include
- Sample positioning
- Optical imaging
For detailed technical specifications, visit nPL70 (MSL)