Drives - MS483 Step Drive
Can't find what you need?
Engineering isn’t a one-size-fits-all proposition. We can customize nearly everything we sell, from modifying housings and mechanical interfaces to fine-tuning performance parameters. Interested in custom assemblies?
MS483–Microstepping Stepper Drive
Vertex’s MS483 microstepping stepper drive is a stepper-motor controller designed and built by our team from the ground up. It applies multiple proprietary techniques to run a stepper motor smoothly, quietly, and with high power density. This performance makes the MS483 ideal for today’s most demanding motion applications.
MS483 Key Features
- Push-button self test
- User adjustable standby current
- Resolution upscaling at low speeds
- High and low power pinout connectors
- Electrical Ratings: 8A Continuous / 80 VDC MaxB
- Form, fit, and function compatible with the now-discontinued Schneider Electric/IMS IM483 and M805
- Compensates for midband instability and resonances using all new algorithms, eliminating resonant frequencies at the midband
- Resolutions ranging from half step to 256 microstep; able to run a stepper motor with resolution of up to 51200 PPR
- Backward compatibility with decimal resolution motor controls
MS483 Microstepping Stepper Drive Line Drawing of MS483 Microstepping Stepper Drive