Motion Solutions has an extensive array of in-house manufacturing and test equipment. This enables us to offer customers rapid response and quality. We have spent 60 years serving industry with value-added parts, engineering services, and custom manufacturing. In that time, we have packed our primary manufacturing facility with the tools that our engineers and technicians need to turn out quality product.
Our philosophy has always been to invest in the latest instruments and tools. This is part of our commitment to providing cutting-edge capabilities to our customers. Our 36,000 square-foot primary production space includes seven manufacturing bays dedicated to specific operations, including a class-1000 clean room with a class-100 flow bench. With the addition of our 6,000 square-foot location in Northern California, we have the resources and manpower to support multiple assembly projects simultaneously.
Our facility has multiple test labs dedicated to ensuring the optimal operation of any product that goes out the door. They include:
- An electronics lab where we test motors, drives, and other electronic components.
- A laser lab to test angular and positioning accuracy of motion stages. It features an autocollimator and a Renishaw interferometer.
Other specialty equipment includes:
- Multiple coordinate measuring machines (CMMs), including one designed to measure 200-inch parts
- A surface profilometer for evaluating surface quality
- A helium leak detector to testing vacuum seals
- Water-pressure testing for water-cooled systems
- Custom test systems and fixtures such as the support equipment for testing a semiconductor wafer-handling robot.
Our test lab staff has decades of experience in industrial test and analysis. This gives us the opportunity to evaluate prototypes and other projects in our engineered solutions department throughout development. The testing helps validate the design and guide the engineering process.
Verification testing confirms that the design meets specifications. Once it moves to manufacturing, production-level testing takes place. This involves comprehensive evaluation of every piece we build. Depending on the situation, we conduct the tests using either the customer’s drives and controls or our own drives and controls. Production units undergo a detailed process that includes burn in of any electronics, firmware upload, and a full system test.
For customers who have encountered problems with their own products, we offer diagnostic testing and failure analysis. In addition to physical evaluation, we can do failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) to determine root cause of failure. We offer these services for parts, subassemblies, and full machines.